Product description – Toluene Di-Isocyanate (TDI) having isomer content in the ratio of 80:20”. TDI is an organic compound having formula CH3C6H3 (NCO)2. Two of the six possible isomers are commercially important: 2,4-TDI (CAS: 584-84-9) and 2,6-TDI (CAS: 91-08-7). 2,4-TDI is produced in the pure state, but TDI is often marketed as 80/20 and 65/35 mixtures of the 2,4 and 2,6 isomers respectively.
HS Codes – 2929 10 20
Uses – Used for the production of the flexible polyurethane foam, mattresses, pillows & quilts, furniture cushion, automobile seats, fumiture, lining, sun visors etc., acoustic insulation, industrial gaskets, protective pads for sports and medical use, industrial, automobiles & household filters, paint rollers, any type of cushioning, coating, adhesives, sealants and elastomers.
Countries involved – European Union, Saudi Arabia, Chinese Taipei and United Arab Emirates
Applicant – M/s Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited.
Date of initiation – 31st January 2020.
Period of investigation – April 2019 to September 2019 (6 months)
Injury period – 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 and period of investigation.
Margins and proposed duty –
|Producer||Injury margin||Dumping margin||Proposed duty|
|Covestro Deutschl and AG, EU||20-30||0-10||221.04 MT/US$|
|Borsod Chem Zrt, EU||20-30||10-20||102.05 MT/US$|
|Any other producer in EU||20-30||20-30||264.96 MT/US$|
|Sadara Chemical Company, Saudi||10-20||10-20||217.55 MT/US$|
|Any other producer in Saudi Arabia||10-20||20-30||344.33 MT/US$|
|Any producer in Chinese Taipei||10-20||20-30||274.39 MT/US$|
|Any producer in UAE||20-30||20-30||368.20 MT/US$|
Key findings –
- Six months period of investigation is considered appropriate.
- Imports from subject countries entering India at price lower than its normal value, resulting in dumping.
- Domestic industry has suffered material injury due to dumped imports from the subject country.
- Domestic industry forced to export at significantly low and unremunerative prices, reflecting injury caused to the domestic industry.
- Subsidiary of M/s Sadara Chemical Company in India has incurred a loss in sale of goods imported from parent company. Suitable adjustments made in landed price and net export price.
- Preliminary anti-dumping duty is already in force on import of subject goods from subject countries.