Product Description – Fibre board of wood or other ligneous materials whether or not bonded with resins or other organic substances. Flooring boards, sunmica, insulation board, coir boards, jute fibre board, and moulded door skin have been excluded from the scope of product under consideration. Product scope includes medium density fibreboard (MDF) and high density fibreboard (HDF)
HS Codes – 44.11
Uses – It is widely used for partitions, modular furniture, cabinets, etc., due to its smooth and uniform finish.
Country Involved – Indonesia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
Applicants – Greenply Industries Limited/ Greenpanel Industries Limited, Century Plyboards (India) Ltd. and Rushil Decor Limited.
Date of Initiation – 5th November, 2019
Period of Investigation – April 2018 – March 2019
Injury Period – 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and the period of investigation.
Final Findings – 03rd May,2021
Subsidy Margin, Injury margin and proposed duty – The following exporter specific subsidy margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
|Country||Producer||Subsidy Margin Range||Injury Margin Range||Proposed Duty (duty amount as % of CIF value)|
|Indonesia||PT Mukti Panel Industries||10-20||35-45||13.69|
|PT Sumatera Prima Fibreboard||10-20||20-30||14.77|
|Malaysia||Robin Resources (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.||10-20||35-45||15.95|
|Segamat Panel Boards Sdn. Bhd.||10-20||30-40||10.52|
|Sri Lanka||All producers/exporters||10-20||15-25||12.37|
|Thailand||Advance Fibre Co. Ltd.||0-10||25-35||8.29|
|Metro MDF Co. Ltd.||0-10|
|Wisewoods Co. Ltd.||10-20||25-35||13.90|
|Green Fibre Co. Ltd.||10-20||Negative||NIL|
|Agro Fibre Co. Ltd.||10-20||1-10|
|Panel Plus MDF Co. Ltd.||10-20||25-35||11.47|
|Panel Plus Co. Ltd.||0-10|
|Vanachai Group Public Co. Ltd.||10-20||50-60||18.54|
|Vanachai Panel Industries Co. Ltd.||10-20|
|Vietnam||Kim Tin MDF JSC||10-20||40-50||12.36|
|MDF VRG Quang Tri Wood JSC||10-20||15-25||14.46|
Key Findings –
- The questionnaire responses filed by M/s. S. Kijchai’s and M/s. Thamarappally Brothers Venners and Panels Private Limited were rejected as they had not circulated the non-confidential version to all interested parties.
- There is no bar in conducting parallel anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations.
- Export bans depress the domestic prices of logs, thereby assisting downstream processors leading to subsidization.
- Inputs such as wood, land and electricity are being provided at less than adequate remuneration.
- A subsidy need not be made available to the concerned enterprise directly inorder for it to be countervailable.
- Subsidized imports from the subject countries have been imported into India in substantial volumes during the period of investigation.
- The subsidized imports are undercutting the prices of the domestic industry.
- The performance of the domestic industry has deteriorated during the period of investigation as a result of subsidized imports from the subject countries.
- There is a causal link between subsidization of the subject goods and the injury to the domestic industry.