Product Description– 2-Ethyl Hexanol (abbreviated as ‘2-EH’) is a basic organic chemical. It is a fatty alcohol, clear, mobile, neutral liquid with a characteristic odour.
HS Code– 29051620
Uses – Used as a feed stock in the manufacture of low volatility esters such as Di-(2Ethyl hexyl) Phthalate (DOP or DEHP). Also used in numerous applications such as solvents, flavours, and fragrances and especially as a precursor for production of other chemicals such as emollients and plasticizers.
Countries involved– European Union, Indonesia, Korea RP, Malaysia, Taiwan and United States of America.
Applicant– M/s Andhra Petrochemicals Limited
Date of initiation– 28th August 2020
Period of investigation– April 2019 – March 2020
Injury Period – 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and period of investigation.
Margins and proposed duty–
|Particulars||Dumping margin – range||Injury margin – range||Proposed duty USD/MT|
|OQ Chemicals Produktion GmbH & Co. KG, Gerraany OQ Chemicals GrnbH, Germany||20-30%||Negative||45.47|
|P.T. Petro Oxo Nusantara, Indonesia||10-20%||0-10%||45.67|
|Any other producer in Indonesia||10-20%||0-10%||127.82|
|Any other producer in Malaysia||10-20%||20-30%||107.30|
|United States of America||20-30%||0-10%||29.61|
Key findings –
- Authority has found continued dumping from all subject countries.
- Performance of the domestic industry has been impacted in the period of investigation as domestic industry has not been able to earn adequate returns.
- Significant exports to third countries were at dumped and injurious prices and expiry of duties will provide the produces incentive to divert them to Indian market as Indian market offers better prices.
- Producers are export oriented since globally the capacities are higher than demand in the region.
- Authority has proposed extension of same duty.