Product description – The product under consideration (PUC) is “Aluminium Foil 5.5 Micron to 80 Micron” excluding the following:
- Alu Alu Laminate
- Ultra Light Gauge Converted
- Aluminium Foil Composite
- Aluminum foil for capacitors
- Etched or formed Aluminium Foils
- Aluminium composite panel
- Clad with compatible non clad Aluminium Foil
- Aluminium Foil for beer bottle
- Aluminium-Manganese-Silicon based and/or clad Aluminium-Manganese Silicon based alloys, whether clad or unclad
- Adhesive tapes
- Color coated Aluminium Foil
HS Codes – The product is classified under Chapter 76 the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 under subheading 7607. The subject goods is imported under various codes namely 760711, 76071110, 76071190, 760719, 76071910, 76071991, 76071992, 76071993, 76071994, 76071995, 76071999, 760720, 76072010.
Uses – The subject goods are used extensively for protection, storage, and preparation of foods and beverages, pharmaceutical packaging, cigarette industry for wrapping cigarettes, tabaco pacing (Gutkha), beer bottles etc.
Countries involved – China PR
Applicants – M/s. Hindalco Industries Ltd., M/s. Raviraj Foils Ltd., and M/s. Jindal Indian Ltd.
Past investigations involving the product – Anti-dumping duties were first levied vide notification no 23/2017- Customs (ADD) dated 16th May, 2017. The current anti-dumping duties, if not extended, will expire on 15th June 2022.
Date of Initiation – 16th September, 2021
Period of Investigation – 1st April 2020 to 31st March, 2021 (12 months)
Injury Period –2017-18, 2018 –19, 2019-20 and the period of investigation
Dumping margin, Injury Margin & Proposed Duty – The following exporter specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
|Country||Producer||Dumping Margin Range||Injury Margin Range||Proposed Duty USD/MT|
|China PR||M/s Jiangsu Zhongji Lamination Materials Co., Ltd||20-30||10-20||556|
|M/s Shanghai Sunho Aluminum Foil Co., Ltd.||40-50||20-30||886|
|M/s Jiangsu Dingsheng New Materials JointStock Co. Ltd||10-20||10-20||469|
|M/s Hangzhou Five Star Aluminium Co., Ltd||10-20||10-20||469|
|M/s Kunshan Aluminium Co Ltd.||20-30||30-40||691|
Key findings –
- There is continued dumping of the subject goods from the subject country and the imports are likely to enter the Indian market at dumped prices in the event of expiry of duty.
- The landed value of imports has remained below the selling price of the domestic industry. Imports are likely to have significant suppressing/ depressing effects on the prices in the market.
- The domestic industry remains vulnerable due to dumping of the subject goods from the subject country.
- The subject goods from the subject country is subject to anti-dumping duties in various jurisdictions such as European Union, Turkey, Mexico and USA.
- The information on record shows likelihood of continuation/recurrence of dumping and injury in case the anti-dumping duty in force is allowed to cease at this stage. Almost entirety of exports of the subject goods from the subject country to countries other than India are at dumped and injurious price.
- The imposition of anti-dumping duties on the product under consideration has led to significant increase in number of domestic producers.
- The impact of ADD on the consumers is quite insignificant. Therefore, there is no reason to believe that continuation of present measure is likely to lead to increase in the prices of the product in the country