Product description – The product under consideration (PUC) is “Aceto Acetyl Derivatives of aromatic or hetrocyclic compounds” or “Arylides”. The following forms of arylides are included within the scope of the present application whilst all other forms are excluded:
- Acetoacetanilide or AAA;
- Acetoacet-meta-xylidide or AAMX;
- Acetoacet-o-anisidide or AAOA;
- Acetoacet-O-Toluidide or AAOT;
- Acetoacet-O-chloroanilide or AAOCA.
HS Codes – The product is classified under customs classification 29242920 and 29242990. The product is imported under both these codes. The customs classification is indicative only and in no way binding on the scope of the present investigation.
Uses – Arylides are organic compounds and are used as intermediates to essentially make different kinds of yellow pigments. They also find very small application in other industries like agrochemicals, orange and red pigments.
Countries involved – China PR
Applicants – M/s. Laxmi Organics Industries Limited
Past investigations involving the product – None
Date of Initiation – 21st August, 2020
Period of Investigation – 1st April 2019 to 31st March, 2020 (12 months)
Injury Period – 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018 –19 and the period of investigation
Dumping margin, Injury Margin & Proposed Duty – The following exporter specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
|Country||Producer||Dumping Margin Range||Injury Margin Range||Proposed Duty % of CIF Value|
|China PR||Nantong Acetic Acid Chemical Co., Ltd.||20-30||20-30||24.79%|
|Qingdao Haiwan Group Co., Ltd.||30-40||20-30||26.64%|
Key findings –
- The overall demand for the subject goods has increased during the injury period.
- Imports have increased significantly in absolute terms over the injury period, more than 100% over the injury period. The imports have also increased in relation to total imports, production and consumption in India.
- The imports from the subject country are entering at a price below the domestic selling price of the domestic industry, resulting in positive price undercutting. The domestic industry has suffered price depression and suppression on account of import of subject goods from subject country.
- The growth of the domestic industry in terms of production, capacity utilization domestic sales volume, inventories, profits, cash profits and return on investment are negative.
- The principal factor adversely affecting the domestic prices is the price of dumped imports of subject goods from the subject country.
- The import price from the rest of the world are higher than the import price from China.
- The imposition of anti-dumping measures would remove the unfair advantages gained by dumping practices, prevent the decline of the domestic industry and help maintain availability of wider choice to the consumers of the subject goods