Product description – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) is a synthetic rubber copolymer of acrylonitrile (ACN) and butadiene. Different grades of NBR are defined in terms of mooney viscosity and acrylonitrile content. Latex NBR, Powder NBR and Carboxylated NBR are excluded from the scope of the product under consideration.
HS Codes – 40025900
Uses – NBR is used in the manufacture of various rubber articles where resistance to oil, abrasion and heat applications are involved, such as oil seals, hoses, automotive products, gaskets, rice dehusking rolls, printers, fabrics, oilfield products, etc.
Countries involved – Korea RP
Applicants – M/s Apcotex Industries Limited
Date of imposition of duty – The current duties are valid till 3rd December 2020. The present duty was recommended on 24th November 2020 and is yet to be imposed by the Ministry of Finance.
Date of initiation – 7th February 2020
Period of investigation – 1st April 2019 to 31st December 2019 (9 months)
Injury period – April 2016 to March 2017, April 2017 to March 2018 and April 2018 to March 2019 and POI (9 months).
Date of levy of provisional duty (if any, with Customs Notification No.) – N/A
Margins and proposed duty –
|Producer||Dumping Margin||Injury Margin||Proposed Duty|
|Kumho Petrochemicals Co. Ltd.||0-10||0-10||47.43|
Key findings –
- The plea for the exclusion of Latex NBR, Powder NBR and Carboxylated NBR from the scope of the PUC by the domestic industry was unopposed by other interested parties and hence excluded.
- There is no bar on the number of times SSR investigations can be conducted and ADD extended.
- The ADD in the present case has not been extended after expiry of the existing ADD.
- The claim for level of trade adjustment made by the exporter was rejected due to lack of reasonable evidence.
- The landed value of the subject goods from Korea and other countries under parallel investigation are below the cost and selling price of the domestic industry.
- The domestic industry has continued to suffer injury despite ADD in force.
- The imports from China, European Union, Japan and Russia, which are currently being subject to an ADD investigation, are prima facie at dumped prices.
- The Authority found Kumho Petrochemicals Co. Ltd. to have a high export orientation of 80-90% and a surplus capacity of 0-10%. The inventories with them have also substantially increased.
- The dumping margin and injury margin for Kumho Petrochemicals Co. Ltd. continue to be positive during the successive reviews including the present sunset review.