Product description – The product under consideration (PUC) is “Hydrofluorocarbon
Blends”. All blends other than 407 and 410 are excluded from scope of product under consideration.
HS Codes – 38247800
Uses – Residential air conditioning and heat pumps, commercial air conditioning, commercial refrigeration, transportation refrigeration, and process refrigeration, e.g., food processing and chemical manufacturing.
Countries involved – China PR
Applicant – M/s. SRF Limited
Date of Initiation – 30h September, 2020
Period of Investigation – 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020 (12 months)
Injury Period – 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018 –19 and the period of investigation
Dumping margin, Injury Margin & Proposed Duty – The following exporter specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
|Country||Producers||Dumping Margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Proposed Duty (US$/ MT)|
|China PR||Zhejiang Quzhou Lianzhou Refridgerants Co. Ltd.||100-110||85-95||2,160.27|
|Zibo Feiyuan Chemical Co. Ltd.||60-70||50-60||1,620.60|
|Shandong Dongyue Chemical Co. Ltd.||50-60||45-55||1,553.45|
|M.s. Sinochem Environmental Protection Chemicals (Taicang) Co. Ltd. and Sinochem Lantian Fluoro Materials Co. Ltd.||70-80||65-75||1,837.14|
|Zhejiang Sanmei Chemical Industries Co. Ltd.||75-85||65-75||1,899.68|
Key findings –
- The dumping margin and injury margins were compared for both packed and unpacked forms. The dumping margins are significant.
- K.D.Sons failed to establish whether its participation in the investigation is as a user or as an importer.
- The interested parties did not establish impact of proposed ADD on the user industry with verifiable information. Even if there is an impact, it will be very insignificant on the eventual product. Fair competition in the Indian market will not be reduced by the ADD. Imposition of ADD will also not restrict imports.
- Normal value for all the producers/exporters from China has been determined on the basis of cost of production in India, after addition of SGA expenses and reasonable profit.
- The subject imports increased in absolute as well as relative terms. The subject imports are also undercutting and suppressing the prices of the domestic industry.
- The capacity utilisation of the domestic industry declined significantly. The domestic industry has been suffering financial and cash losses and negative return on capital employed.
- There exists a causal link between the dumping of the subject goods and the injury to the domestic industry.
- The domestic industry has the potential to cater to the much high degree of demand in India, however, is unable to do so due to the unfair imports.