Product Description – Caprolactam, a monomer and a base material for production of Nylon-6. Caprolactam is produced and sold in both liquid and solid forms.
Domestic industry – Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Limited
HS Code – 29337100
Uses – For the production of Nylon Chips and Nylon Tyre Cord Fabric.
Country Involved – European Union, Korea RP, Russia and Thailand.
Date of initiation – 30.09.2020
Period of investigation – April 2019 to March 2020 (12 months)
Injury period – FY 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 and the period of investigation.
Final findings – 28th September, 2021.
Dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty –
The following exporter/producer specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
| Proposed duty
|2||PJSC Kuibyshev Azot||0-10||10-20||67.79|
Key findings –
- Domestic industry imported from subject countries and sold in high seas sale and consumed captively. Imports made by the domestic industry were found to be insignificant compared in relation to total imports, applicant’s own production and Indian consumption and treated as eligible domestic industry within meaning of Rule 2(b) of Rules.
- Dumping margin and injury margin are not only positive but also significant in respect of all producers from subject countries.
- Response of Ube Chemicals (Asia) Public Company Limited was rejected as it filed incomplete response.
- Imports from subject countries increased in absolute and relative terms over injury period with a decline in price in the period of investigation which suppressed prices of the domestic industry.
- Market share of the subject imports increased whereas that of the domestic industry declined.
- Profit per unit, cash profit, profit before interest and tax and return on capital employed was negative in the period of investigation.
- Growth of the domestic industry was negative in both volume and price parameters in the period of investigation.
- Other producer Fertilizer and Chemicals Travancore Limited is also starting commercial production in the period of investigation.
- The impact of duties on the end products was found to be low.