Product description – Untreated Fumed Silica
HS Code- 28112200, 28112190, 28391900 and 34049090
Uses- Untreated fumed silica is free flowing powered product, which improves free-flow properties in solid systems and is used as tableting agent in pharmaceuticals and an anti-caking agent in foods and agrochemicals and as a carrier for liquid flavors and fragrances
Countries Involved – China PR & Korea RP
Applicant – M/s. Cabot Sanmar Limited
Period of Investigation- 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020 (12 months)
Injury period – 1st April 2016 – 31st March,2017; 1st April 2017 – 31st March 2018; 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019 and the POI
Margins and proposed duty –
|Country||Producers||Dumping Margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Proposed Duty (USD/ MT)|
|China PR||Shandong Dongyue Silicone Material Co., Ltd.||
|Wacker Chemicals Fumed Silica (Zhangjiagang) Co Ltd., Wacker Chemicals (China) Co Ltd. & Wacker Metroark Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.||
|Korea RP||OCI Company Limited & UNID Global Corporation||Less than 2%||
Facts of present case-
- The product produced by the domestic industry is like article to the product imported from the subject countries. There is no material difference in the cost of production of pharma grade and non-pharma grade of the product. The raw materials, the production/manufacturing process of untreated fumed silica produced are the same. The only major difference between the two is that pharma grade requires more stringent testing and higher specifications.
- Precipitated silica cannot replace fumed silica in many applications, and it has not been established that these two products are the same in terms of their functionality, manufacturing process, raw materials, functions & uses, production technology, plant & equipment, costs and prices.
- The applicant, M/s Cabot Sanmar Limited is the sole producer of the subject goods in India, a 50:50 joint venture between Sanmar Group, India and Cabot Corporation, USA.
- Considering the normal value and the export price for the subject goods, the dumping margins determined for the subject goods from the subject countries are significant.
- The domestic industry has suffered material injury. The volume of the dumped imports from the subject countries has increased significantly in absolute terms and remained significant despite the significant capacity addition by the domestic industry and increase in its producti The imports from the subject country are undercutting and depressing the prices of the domestic industry. The capacity utilization declined, and the inventories have increased in the period of investigation.The material injury suffered by the domestic industry has been caused by the dumped imports.
- The non-imposition of the anti-dumping duty will adversely and materially impact the indigenous production, while imposition of the duty will not materially impact the consumer or the downstream industry or public at larg The imposition of the anti-dumping duty will not be against the public interest.