Product description –Single yarn of polyester containing 97% or more by weight of polyester staple fibres commonly known as polyester spun yarn.
Exclusions from the product scope –
- Dyed polyester yarn, melange polyester yarn or coloured polyester yarn.
- Yarns coarser than 8s counts or finer than 45s counts.
HS Codes – 55092100
Uses – Used for knitting and weaving to make fabrics for garments and home furnishing.
Country involved – China PR, Indonesia, Nepal and Vietnam
Applicants – Aabhas Spinners Private Limited, Arisudana Industries Limited, Jaanvi Spinners Private Limited, Krishna Ganga Spinning Mills Private Limited, Shree Nagani Silk Mills Private Limited, Suryalakshmi Cotton Mills Limited, Suryalata Spinning Mills Limited and Suryauday Spinning Mills Private Limited.
Date of initiation – 21st May 2020
Period of investigation – 1st January 2019 – 31st December 2019
Injury period – 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018- 2019 and the period of investigation.
Margins and proposed duty –
|Producer||Country||Dumping margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Proposed Duty US$/MT|
|Fujian Jinlei Textiles Company Limited||China PR||25-35||0-10||4|
|Jinzhou Boao Textile Company Limited||China PR||20-30||0-10||118|
|Jinzhou Haoyu Textile Company Limited||China PR||20-30||0-10||124|
|Fujian Changle Jinshagang Textile Corporation Limited||China PR||20-30||0-10||63|
|Any other producer and exporter||China PR||25-35||0-10||124|
|PT Sinar Pantja Djaja||Indonesia||10-20||0-10||117|
|PT Sri Rejeki Isman Tbk||Indonesia||10-20||0-10||117|
|PT Dasar Rukun||Indonesia||10-20||0-10||117|
|PT Indo-Rama Synthetics Tbk||Indonesia||0-10||10-20||65|
|PT Delta Merlin Sandang Tekstil||Indonesia||20-30||0-10||79|
|PT Delta Dunia Takstil||Indonesia||20-30||0-10||79|
|PT Delta Dunia Sandang Tekstil||Indonesia||20-30||0-10||79|
|Any other producer and exporter||Indonesia||40-50||20-30||191|
|Triveni Spinning Mills Private Limited||Nepal||(10)-0||0-10||0|
|Reliance Spinning Mills Limited||Nepal||0-10||(10)-0||0|
|Jagdamba Spinning Mills (P) Limited||Nepal||(10)-0||(10)-0||0|
|Any other producer and exporter||Nepal||0-10||0-10||0|
|Any producer and exporter||Vietnam||15-25||10-20||281|
Key findings –
- Duties were not imposed on imports of product under consideration from Nepal as the injury margin and the dumping margin were negative with respect to imports from Nepal.
- The Authority rejected the response filed by PT Indo Liberty Textiles and Asosiasi Petekstilan Indonesia Badan Pengurus Nasional as they were not in line with the requirements of Trade Notice 05/2018 dated 28th February 2018.
- As per consistent practice of the Authority, the loss incurred by unrelated traders has been adjusted in determination of export price.
- The subject imports have increased in absolute and relative terms during the period of investigation. Imports have suppressed the prices of the domestic industry and the price undercutting for all countries except Nepal was positive. The imports have adversely impacted the profitability parameters of the domestic industry, thereby causing material injury to the domestic industry.
- The Authority has noted that test of standing was satisfied at the stage of initiation as well as final findings. The Authority has accepted the support letters filed by the domestic producers of subject goods post hearing.