Product description – Seamless tubes, pipes & hollow profile of iron, alloy, or non-alloy (other than cast iron and stainless steel) whether hot finished or cold drawn or cold rolled of an external diameter not exceeding 355.6 mm or 14” OD’
Exclusion from product scope –
- Seamless pipes & tubes made of cast iron and stainless steel.
- Seamless alloy-steel pipes, tubes and hollow profiles of specifications of ASTM A213/ASME SA 213 and ASTM A335/ ASME SA 335 or equivalent BIS/DIN/BS/EN or any other equivalent specifications.
- Non – API and Premium Joints / Premium Connections / Premium Threaded Tubes & Pipes as prescribed under customs notification no. 12/12012 dated 17th March 2012 at serial number 356.
- All 13 Chromium (13CR) Grade Tubes and Pipes.
- Drill Collars.
- High pressure seamless steel pipe/tube used for manufacturing gas cylinders by producers approved by the Chief Controller of Explosives, Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation, Government of India.
HS Code – 7304
Uses – Seamless tubes, pipes and hollows are used where strength, resistance to corrosion, microstructure and product life is very crucial. Further, casing/tubing are used in extraction of crude oil and gas from sea as well as from earth; line pipes are used in hydrocarbon and processing industry; and boiler pipes are used in boilers, heat exchangers, super heaters and condensers, and in mechanical, structural and general engineering industry, railways etc.
Country involved – China PR.
Applicants – ISMT Limited and Jindal SAW Limited.
Date of imposition of duty – The duties against the subject imports were levied vide Notification No. 7/2017-Customs (ADD), dated 17th February 2017. The present duties are applicable till 31st October 2021.
Date of Initiation – 19th February 2021.
Period of Investigation- 1st April 2019 to 30th September 2020.
Injury Period– 2016-17, 2017-18 & 2018-19 and the period of investigation.
Margin and proposed duty –
|Country||Producers||Dumping Margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Proposed Duty (US $/ MT1)|
|China PR||Jiangsu Chengde Steel Tube Share Co. Limited and Taizhou Chengde Steel Tube Co. Limited||0-10||0-10||961.33-1610|
|China PR||Changzhou Changbao Precision and Special Steel Tube Co. Limited, Jiangsu Changbao Precision Steel Tube Co. Limited and Jiangsu Changbao Steel Tube Limited Co.||0-10||0-10||961.33-1610.67|
|China PR||Hengyang Valin Steel Tube Co. Limited and Hengyang Valin MPM Co. Limited||10-20||0-10||961.33-1610.67|
|China PR||Any other producer||25-35||20-30||961.33-1610.67|
- There is no legal obligation on the Authority or the applicants to maintain the same scope of domestic industry during a sunset review investigation.
- Where the dumping margin and injury margin are positive for the period of investigation and the domestic industry has suffered injury during the period of investigation, consideration of post-POI is not necessary.
- The Authority is required to conduct injury examination of the domestic industry as a whole and performance of individual producers is irrelevant.
- While there may be another producer constituting a major proportion, the Authority is required to examine the performance of the major proportion before it which constitutes domestic industry. There may be more than one major proportions.
- The performance of the domestic industry improved and then declined during the period of investigation, implying recurrence of injury.
- Likelihood of continuation of dumping and injury to the domestic industry was evident from continued dumping, third-country dumping, price attractiveness of Indian market, increase in imports despite duties, significant idle and exportable capacities with foreign producers, increasing inventories, imposition of trade remedial measure by third countries and India’s prominence as export market.