Product description – Plain Medium Density Fibreboard having thickness less than 6mm. Moulded Door skin, High Density Fibreboard, laminated MDF board and Plain Medium density fibreboard having thickness of 6mm and above have been excluded from the scope of product under consideration.
HS Codes – 44111200, 44111300. The subject goods are imported under 44119219, 44119229, 44119319, and 44119419.
Uses – It is widely used for partitions, modular furniture, cabinets, etc., due to its smooth and uniform finish.
Countries Involved – Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam
Applicant – Greenply Industries Limited/ Greenpanel Industries Limited
Date of Initiation – 22nd April, 2020
Period of Investigation – 1st January 2019 to 31st December, 2019 (12 months)
Injury Period – 2016-17, 2s017-18, 2018 –19 and the period of investigation
Dumping margin, Injury Margin & Proposed Duty – The following exporter specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority.
|Country||Producer||Dumping margin Range||Injury Margin Range||Proposed Duty (US$/MT)|
|Thailand||Panel Plus MDF Company Limited||Negative||20-30||NIL|
|Vanachai Panel Industries Limited||40-50||20-30||258.42|
|Malaysia||Segamat Panel Board SDN. BHD.||30-40||20-30||258.42|
|Indonesia||PT Mukti Panel Industri||0-10||15-25||227.47|
|PT Sumatera Prima Fibreboard||0-10||10-20||244.60|
Key findings –
- Century Plyboards (India) Limited has withdrawn from the investigation. However, Greenply/Greenpanel alone constituted major proportion in Indian production.
- Questionnaire responses filed by SPB Panel Industries Co. Ltd., Thailand, M/s. S. Kijchai, M/s. Wisewoods Co. Ltd. And Thamarapally Brothers Veneers and Panel Pvt. Ltd. has been rejected as non-confidential version was not circulated.
- The dumping margins are above de-minimis except for Panel Plus MDF Company Limited.
- Domestic industry has suffered material injury.
- The imports from the subject countries are undercutting, suppressing and depressing the prices of the domestic industry.