Product description – Cast Aluminium Alloy Wheels or Alloy Road Wheels (ARW) used in motor vehicles, whether or not attached with their accessories, of a size in diameters ranging from 12 inches to 24 inches.
HS Code – 8709 7000.
Uses – Aluminium Alloy Road Wheels are fitted on motor vehicles to enable vehicle movement.
Country involved – China
Final Findings No. – 7/12/2021-DGTR dated 30th August 2022
Customs Notification No. – 30/2022 –Customs(ADD) dated 28th November 2022
Producers/Exporters involved –
- Dicastal Group comprising of CITIC Dicastal Co Limited, SMX Dicastal Wheel Manufacture Co., Limited, Qinhuangdao Daikaxinglong Wheel Manufacturing Co., Limited, Qinhuangdao Xinglong Wheels Co Limited and Binzhou Movever Dicastal Wheel Co Limited.
- Shandong Shuang Wang Aluminium Industry Co., Limited
- Zhejiang Jinfei Kaida Wheel Co., Limited
- Zhejiang Shuguang Industrial Co., Limited
- JJF Castings Limited
- Maxion Wheels Aluminium India Private Limited
- Steel Strips Wheels Limited
Important Dates and Events –
- Original anti-dumping duty – 22nd May 2015
- Duties continued on – 9th April 2019
- Duties levied expire on – 8th April 2024
Date of Initiation of Review – 1st September 2021
Period of Investigation –1st January 2020 to 31st March 2021.
Key Findings –
- The investigation was initiated as per Rule 23(1A) and Office Memorandum dated 18th June 2019 for enhancement of quantum of anti-dumping duty in light of change in circumstances.
- Applicants alleged change in circumstances for exports by Dicastal group, and that the price of exports by Dicastal is unreliable. However, since the producers of the Dicastal group did not participate in the investigation, the Authority did not analyze the submissions on unreliability of export price due to compensatory arrangement between exporters and importers.
- The Authority noted the responding companies which were awarded duties based on margins for Dicastal group, cannot be penalized for non-cooperation of Dicastal Group. Accordingly, the Authority has determined margins for cooperative exporters based on their responses.
- Since the export price reported by the cooperating producer was not matching that in the Indian customs data, the Authority has determined export price for based on the Indian customs data.
- The duty on exporters, which have exported insignificant volumes, has not been modified.
- Since the present investigation is a limited mid-term review, the scope of review does not include re-examination of the product scope.
- The Authority noted that since the scope of present review is limited to re-determination of dumping margin and injury margin and modification of anti-dumping duty, there is no need for examination of injury to the domestic industry.
Margins and duty –
|Country||Producers||Dumping Margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Duty (USD/KG)|
|China||Zhejiang Jinfei Kaida Wheel Co., Ltd.||–||–||0.08|
|Zhejiang Shuguang Industrial Co., Ltd.||–||–||0.08|
|Shandong Shuangwang Aluminium Industry Co., Ltd.||5-15||5-15||0.34|
|CITIC Dicastal Co Limited, SMX Dicastal Wheel Manufacture Co., Limited, Qinhuangdao Daikaxinglong Wheel Manufacturing Co., Limited, Qinhuangdao Xinglong Wheels Co Limited and Binzhou Movever Dicastal Wheel Co Limited.||30-40||30-40||1.073|
|Any other producer||–||–||2.15|