Product description – The product under consideration is “Rubber Chemicals PX-13” (hereinafter also referred to as PX-13) also known as 6PPD, Antioxidant 6PPD, Kumanox 13, Santoflex 6PPD, Sirantox 6PPD, Vulkanox 4020, Antioxidant 4020, Dussantox 6PPD, Antage 6C, N-1,3-Dimethylbutyl)-N’-Phenyl-P-Phenylenediamine, etc.
HS Codes – The product is classified under the Chapter 38 of the First Schedule to the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 (51 of 1975) under the tariff custom classification 3812. However, there are also imports for the product under consideration under the Chapter 29 of the First Schedule.
Uses – PX-13 is an alkyl-aryl-PPD antidegradant most widely used in the tyre and non-tyre sector of the rubber industry. PX-13 offers excellent resistance to rubber vulcanizates against degradative forces such as ozone (static as well as dynamic), flex-cracking and fatigue, oxidative heat ageing, metal-ion catalyzed oxidative ageing, UV light and weathering. It is used as antioxidants in treating natural rubber, synthetic rubber (SBR, Butadiene Rubber, Nitrile Rubber, Carboxylated Rubber) and other synthetic rubber-based compounds used for manufacture of various rubber products to achieve the desired life cycle of the rubber product. PX-13 is manufactured by reductive alkylation of 4ADPA and MIBK.
Country involved – China PR, Korea RP and USA
Applicant – NOCIL Limited
Date of initiation – 27.05.2020
Period of investigation – 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020 (12 months).
Injury period – 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017, 1st April 2017 – 31st March 18, 1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019, and the period of investigation.
Dumping margin, Injury Margin & Proposed Duty – The following exporter specific dumping margin, injury margin and proposed duty has been determined by the Designated Authority:
|Country||Producer/exporter||Dumping margin Range||Injury Margin Range||Proposed Duty (US$/MT)|
|Sennics Co. Ltd., Shandong||70-80||50-60||1,235.99|
|China PR||Sennics Co. Ltd. Tai’an||70-80||50-60||1,235.99|
|Other producers and exporters||100-110||80-90||1,570|
|Korea RP||Kumho Petrochemical Co. Ltd.||20-30||40-50||532.06|
|Other producers and exporters||30-40||50-60||697.18|
|Other producers and exporters||10-20||0-10||195.56|
Key findings –
- The export price of 4ADPA from India to USA has been provisionally accepted as the prevailing international price of 4ADPA in the POI.
- The subject goods have been exported to India from the subject countries at dumped prices.
- The domestic industry has suffered material injury.
- Imports are undercutting the prices of the domestic industry.
- The imports have forced the Domestic Industry to sell the product at a price below cost of production. The Domestic Industry has suffered price depression on account of dumped imports.
- The adverse volume and price effect on account of imports of subject goods from subject countries has resulted in financial losses, cash losses and negative return on investments in the POI.
- The material injury suffered by the domestic industry has been caused by the dumped imports.