Product description – Opal Glassware of all types restricted to a kind used for table, kitchen, and office.
HS Code – 70134900
Uses – It is used as glassware for table, kitchen, toilet, indoor decoration or similar purposes.
Countries involved – China PR and UAE.
Applicant – Borosil Limited.
Date of Imposition of duty – The duties against the subject imports were levied vide Notification No. 37/2017-Customs (ADD), dated 9th August 2017. The present duties are applicable till 8th August 2022.
Date of Initiation – 9th September 2021.
Period of investigation – 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021.
Injury period –2017- 2018, 2018- 2019, 2019- 2020 and the period of investigation.
Margin and proposed duty –
|Country||Producers||Dumping Margin (Range)||Injury Margin (Range)||Duty (% of CIF value)|
Key Findings –
- The domestic industry has continued to suffer injury due to increasing volume of dumped imports, despite the anti-dumping duties in force
- The producers in China PR have excess capacities, which is significantly higher than the demand in India. Considering that such producers are highly export oriented, they are likely to divert such capacities for dumping in India.
- India is a very important market for producers in China PR and UAE, who have continued to sell the subject goods below the cost of sales of the domestic industry, causing injury to an industry in fragile state.
- The domestic industry has undertaken various measures to become more competitive and cost efficient, which has led to a decline in the cost of the product and ultimately, reduction in prices to the end-consumer.
- There exists no demand-supply gap in the country and the Indian industry is competing in a healthy market situation.